The Baptismal preparation process at our parish includes the following:
· Reading the Baptismal Preparation Package
· After prayer and discussion, if you feel ready to begin the preparation please return the following: 1)Baptismal Request Form 2) Baptismal Questionnaires 3) Copy of the Child's birth certificate (long form) to the parish office. You are asked to provide the godparents with the material written for them and to keep the remainder of the package
· Shortly after returning the forms, you will be contacted regarding your desire to have your child baptized.
· The Preparation session is held on second Saturday of the month at 9:45 am at Holy Name Church. All godparents are encouraged to attend the session.
· We celebrate the sacrament of Baptism on the third Sunday of each month at 2 p.m. Please indicate on the form the preferred month of the Baptism and wait for confirmation of the date before you make your final plans.
· Sacraments are free but we do ask for a donation to help cover the costs of operating the church building.
Baptism is the first sacrament of initiation; Confirmation and Eucharist are the other two. Baptism leads to the newly baptized person to the table of the Lord. Weekly participation in the Sunday Eucharist is a valuable sign that a person is disposed to celebrating the sacrament of Baptism and being open to the wonder and grace of God.
If you have been away from the weekly Sunday Eucharist, this a wonderful time to return to the table of the Lord. We pray that God will bless you and your family as you continue to grow in faith.
Please pick up baptismal package at parish office.